Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Performs manual labor along a production line making chain. Operates and troubleshoots production line machinery. Maintains required documents and records work orders, production reports, and proper parts labeling (route cards).
***This is a part-time position working up to 28 hours a week***
Essential Job Duties:
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work area in proper manner.
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
- Keep work area clean.
Slide Die/Cam Die Operators and Assemblers
- Perform highly repetitive machine operations to attach bar and pin stock assembly of various chain links. Work from blueprints. Some setups, adjustments, and minor repairs made by operator. Insert pins in chain links, load bars in cam blocks, trip machine.
- Check work for long or even pins. Continuously monitor links of chain to meet blueprint specifications.
- Perform highly repetitive machine operations to make component parts. Work from instructions. Set-ups and adjustments made by others.
- Load finished work into bin.
- First and second stages to make single links. Third and fourth stages to make link sections----2060, 555, 550, 560 and 620 links.
- Perform repetitive duties inspecting, aligning, matching, and placing in wire baskets various size and length of chain from staking press operations. Work from blueprint.
- Align chain with fixed gauges for correct position of attachments and length. Match right and left hand. Check link for proper swivel, remove faulty length when necessary and return to chain linking operation. Check for correct sinking and tolerance using go/no-go gauges. Use hand crank to coil chain. Tie and tag.
- Rake and fill parts for cam die operator. Keep supply of tails to cam die operator.
- Must be able to operate staker machine.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
Company Information: The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.