Position: Corporate Head of Customs Services Commercial Operations
Location: Corporate, Irvine, CA (SNA)
Reporting to: VP - Customs and Trade Compliance Services
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Execute on the Customs Product strategy for building Product revenue, sales growth, profitability, productivity, customer service and compliance.
- Operational execution of the Customs Services Product strategy through implementation of and adherence to the Agility Way (AWay) Blueprint & SOPs in the delivery of revenue and sales growth, profitability, productivity, customer service, operational excellence and compliance metrics within Branch operations.
- Exercise responsible supervision and control over the branch customs business according to 19 CFR 111.1 [Title 19 Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 1 U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of Homeland Security; Part 111 Customs Brokers; Subpart A - General Provisions].
- Ensure full compliance with customs and tax regulations by coordinating all customs-related activities, including other government regulating authorities and supporting the Products and the Branches in the execution of those activities resulting in a customs declaration filed in accordance with CBP and other authority regulations, Agility company standards and policies and customer instructions.
- Support Sales and Business Development to drive sales growth and revenue. Present and deliver the Product's value proposition, including bid and solution proposals to prospective and current customers. Participate in Product pricing strategies and solutions.
- Practice and communicate organizational clarity of compliance function within Agility and according to matrix organizational clarity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategy Execution
- Communicate and execute on Customs Services Product vision, mission, strategy and overall direction.
- Provide leadership to branch Customs Services Branch Department Heads.
- Support implementation of government agency processes, procedural requirements and pilot program participation.
- Represent company with government agency regulating authorities and industry trade associations.
- Measure Product success through compliance metrics.
- Governance and Compliance.
- Execute on and enforce Product policies and government regulatory requirements.
- Business Engineering (Process) and Implementation
- Support design and implementation of company operating model including workflow processes.
- Specify and support Product training requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Operations and other Product and Support functions to support delivery of compliance and operational excellence and service to customers.
- Technology Development
- Collaborate and liaise with IT to specify technology needs.
- Business Development
- Support business development through communication of company organizational clarity and excellence in compliance standards.
KEY LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT FOCUS
- Product Strategy Implementation and Execution
- Leadership and support role to develop Customs Services as a Product with the goal to be recognized as the market leader.
- Support Product branding.
- Benchmark and recommend technology needs for internal and external customers.
- Recommend company policy for Customs Services consistent with overall company policy.
- Represent company with U.S. Customs and Border Protection and other government agency regulating authorities and trade associations.
- Provide Product communication liaison with Branch Management.
- Benchmark and evaluate Product services across the logistics industry sector.
- Lead and measure Product success through P&L and budget process and profitability, productivity, customer service and compliance metrics.
- Business Operations, Engineering and Implementation.
- Contribute to and support customer account implementation.
- Support design of data-driven workflow processes.
- Specify and support Product training requirements.
- Contribute to defining and optimizing productivity and efficiency parameters.
- Work collaboratively with Branches to support delivery of operational excellence and service to customers.
- Work with Optimization workflow team to specify and implement optimal business operations processes.
- Product Development and Support including Technology Solutions.
- Benchmark and evaluate Product technology solutions across supply chain industry sector.
- Support data-driven analyses.
- Analyze requirements, recommend and collaborate with IT on internal and external customer facing technology solutions and tools to promote Product growth and revenue and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Support all sales opportunities with End to End focus including Customs Services as a key component.
- Contribute to customer tenders and support Tender Management team with expert input engagement in business development opportunities.
- Support tenders according to negotiated scope of work and pricing models.
- Support local Branch management and sales teams.
- Educate sales team to improve sales opportunities.
- Support development of internal and external customer facing tools to promote Product growth.
Career Path Development Mentoring and Leadership
- Lead, mentor and support development of a career path for Branch Customs Services Managers focusing on talent recruitment, mentoring, competence building, evaluation and training. Skills and Competences: