Position: Gateway Coordinator
Location: Miami, FL (MIA)
Reporting To: Gateway Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Gateway Coordinator is responsible for processing shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter monthly schedule in system, submit pre-bookings to airlines as required.
- Book monthly and/ or ad-hoc consolidations with airlines and make sure airlines are aware of any special requirements (eg- oversized, upper deck etc)
- Review consolidation HAWB packets for proper documentation
- Match feeder station freight with consolidations
- Obtain spot pricing from airlines as much as possible.
- Communicate with feeder stations as required.
- Print all Necessary Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Send Pre-advises
- Net down MAWBs, enter costs in system
- Calculate on-forwarding costs as required.
- Work with warehouse to schedule trucks to deliver consolidations/ shipments to the airlines.
- Follow up with airlines to ensure shipments are confirmed onboard and fly as scheduled.
- Responsible for timely update of milestones
- Notify feeder stations and overseas offices of flight information changes
- Communicates with feeder stations any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Complete Daily gateway reports
- Assist with gateway negative GP report
- Port of exit changes to be communicated with the feeder stations immediately for AES compliance.
- Complete CASS report
- Perform internal accounting process To be completed within 48 hours of actual departure ( not including weekends)
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management