Position: Air Export Coordinator
Location: LAX (Carson, CA)
Reporting To: Air/Ocean Export Supervisor
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
The Air Export Coordinator is responsible for processing export shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group and providing timely updates to external customer. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Close Air waybills timely to meet gateway and airline cutoffs
- Proper Handling of Expedited, Out of Gauge and Hazardous freight
- Print all Necessary Export Documents
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs
- Perform Export Clearance
- Send Pre-advises/ J2J to destination offices / agents
- Communicates with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt, report any discrepancies to avoid mis-handling of goods.
- Responsible for timely update of milestones in AS400 operating system.
- As a contingency to Customer Service, the Operations Coordinator will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence and are uploaded properly to document management system.
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed with timely updates.
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Set up reporting to monitor key accounts activity/shipments on a daily basis and liaison with both overseas offices and our own
- Assist with additional lane set up as required by customer
- Oversee special projects.as needed
- Coordinate communication between all parties to ensure customer requirements are met
- First point of customer contact for day to day issues/problems
- First point of contact for destination offices and will resolve any issues/problems timely to avoid delays to customer. Also answering destination timely for any corrections required.
- Identify problems and proactively resolve any issues to minimize impact to client and Agility.
- Must possess high level of organization and time management of workload and self