Position: FTZ Operations Supervisor
Reporting to: Import/Brokerage Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The FTZ or Foreign Trade Zones Operations Supervisor is responsible for processing FTZ entries and supports the ongoing developments and management of the Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) product and services at the JFK Branch. The scope of the position covers commercial, operational and compliance related aspects of the company's FTZ product.
This individual will report directly to the Import/Brokerage Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling of FTZ customers
- Responsible for managing commercial terms of freight ( ie. LC, Bank releases, check disbursement)
- Arrival Confirmation
- Confirm J2J/Create Jobs
- Validate Billing
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for filing/auditing FTZ entries, including 7512/E214 and entry withdrawal
- Responsible for the maintenance of FTZ SOP's for JFK accounts.
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to direct documentation agents to achieve service center goals
- Responsible for ensuring highest quality and accuracy of document processing
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and customer retention by implementing effective service capabilities
- Responsible for adherence to U.S. customs, TSA, FDA and all other government agencies
- Responsible for general compliance with all trading countries/partners (Rules & Documentation)
- Responsible for staff training
- Actively collaborates with the Brokerage Manager/Compliance Team to ensure product integrity and regulatory compliance and facilitates audits.
- Actively collaborates with sales colleagues and organization to define and design customer solutions.
- Actively supports implementation of new FTZ business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management