Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're excited to connect with talented individuals who will focus on securing and growing top-tier strategic accounts. As the Lead Business Development Executive, you'll use your experience to secure new clients with annual revenue ranging from $250,000 to $1 billion. If you love searching for new business and you're good at closing the deal, join us at XPO. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Develop leads to build a Dedicated Contract Carriage (DCC) sales pipeline (involves heavy cold calling)
- Generate approximately $3 million in revenue by the end of the first year, and approximately $6 million in revenue by the end of the second year
- Effectively and consistently document all required customer activity in Salesforce.com
- Participate in assigned conferences
- Create, develop and execute a field sales business plan
- Conduct price and service negotiations with clients
- Manage expenses within the assigned budget and submit expenses in a timely manner with the proper documentation
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience selling dedicated transportation (DCC) or transportation services
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Success with large account development
- Proven success delivering annual sales results around revenue and gross margin targets
- Hunter mentality; primary focus is to acquire new business
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and management skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and get along with diverse personalities
- Results-oriented work style with a high level of integrity
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to represent XPO in a highly professional, competent manner
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.