Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics is one of the world's most admired companies according to Fortune magazine. As a Freight Operations Supervisor in the Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) XPO Graduate Program, we'll count on you to inspire your team to continuously raise the bar, while taking responsibility for critical operational responsibilities. During the 2-year program, you'll rotate through 2 different service centers and be exposed to different roles, network with executive leaders and attend targeted learning events. As a member of our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We're eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Rotate through multiple different assignments and shifts over the course of a 2-year leadership development program
- Supervise staff (dockworkers and drivers) on the dock during various inbound, city and/or outbound freight operations shifts occurring days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Use technology applications and reports to ensure goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll and other administrative functions
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations and laws
- Coach, train and develop employees in a manner consistent with company policies
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding your team to the same high standards
- Partner with local leadership to deploy employee engagement activities to increase retention of service center employees
- Receive mentoring and leadership training from local leadership and executive leaders across the business
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Associate's degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics, or related work or military experience
- 2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Ability to relocate over the course of the program
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree
- Leadership experience
- LTL industry experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate a team
- Exceptional communication skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery and noisy
- Work outside in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.