The Import Agent Team Lead, leads a team of Ocean Import Agent(s) in the day-to-day operations.
- Communicate effectively with staff, management and other internal/external customers to seamlessly deliver import shipments to our customers in North America.
- Monitor the work load of each member to insure accuracy, and balance tasks among staff.
- Advise management of any issues with staff work quality, adherence to company policy and customer satisfaction issues, both positive and negative.
- Insure proper coverage of desk duties when any member is out sick or on holiday.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate cross training within the department.
- Roll out and monitor Standard Operating Procedures and insure that each specific account SOP is in place and adhered to by members.
- Follow up with training and motivation programs to insure continue compliance and success.
- Maintain file audit procedure.
- Encourage Kaizen and PRIDE projects whenever possible.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum four years' related experience in ocean import; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.). Cargowise a plus.
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions. Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Y usen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.