Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Director, Business Development, Freight Brokerage, you will drive the expansion of existing strategic and priority accounts, manage collaborative pipelines with other lines of business, increase market share and achieve revenue and volume growth goals. Fortune named XPO as one of the most admired companies in the world and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. If you're looking for a growth opportunity with a company that's clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform as the sales leader in the assigned region, representing upper management and communicating direction in motivational ways
- Maintain responsibility for revenue, margin and profitability growth for all focus accounts within a brokerage region
- Develop corrective strategies for under-penetrated and unprofitable accounts
- Determine the potential of each focus account and create an action plan to attain highest market share possible
- Monitor revenue achievement by customer and undertake appropriate action with key stakeholders to ensure that commitments are being met or exceeded
- Encourage success in sales initiatives and share best practices
- Develop and maintain strategic multilevel customer relationships to uncover specific needs and behaviors of key decision makers
- Serve as subject matter expert for the brokerage business unit with SAMs, other sales professionals and executives
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years sales experience in the logistics & transportation industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends; travel as needed
- Experience meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to work seamlessly with operations and execute initiatives
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.