This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Carrier Sales Coordinator
Carrier Sales Coordinator
Salary: $37k-$42k plus end of year bonus (dependent upon personal and company performance) and also a quarterly commission.
Schedule: Hybrid- 4 days in the office and 1 day from home
What We offer:
Advanced Logistics also provides a generous benefits package that includes,
- Paid Time Off (10 days), Paid Sick Time (5 Days), Paid Holiday's
- Company sponsored Health and Dental Plan (We pay 85% of the Premium!!)
- Retirement plan,
- Quarterly commission and a GENEROUS end of year bonus and party
- Light office snacks and drinks for the office
- Other super random fun things that you will love!
**All necessary PPE provided to ensure everyone's safety**
As the Carrier Sales Coordinator you will work to secure the right carrier for the right job every time for the Operations Team. You will develop and grow our relationships with carriers. This role is heavily focused on selling who we are and what work we can offer to the carriers to help grow the business.
- Receive customer's logistics requirements from the Sales Team to obtain rates
- Negotiating with carriers to drive down costs in order to increase profit margin
- Recognizing the most reliable and cost-effective carrier to help the company reach its goals
- Utilizing our internal databases as well as researching ways to find new carriers
- Create new carrier relationships
- Maintain current carrier relationships
- Reduce costs by ensuring all accessorial fees have been included and not incurred upon receipt of invoice
- Updating our CRM software with rates and notes related to each order
- Coordinate closely with the sales team in order to maintain proper flow from start to finish
- Onboarding new carriers
- Pushing carriers for Bills and Proof of Deliveries (POD) once an order is in the system as "Delivered"
- Processing carrier bills and resolving any billing discrepancies
- Other various operational and administrative tasks as needed
- High school diploma or a GED required
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 0-2 years with logistics/trucking background
- 1-2 years sales experience required
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with load boards is a plus
- Customer service experience required
- Sales driven
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Goal oriented
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and listening skills are a must.
- Resourcefulness is key!
- Willingness to go above and beyond!
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Valid driver's license in order to meet with new carriers, if needed
Advanced Logistics, LLC is a licensed and bonded freight brokerage that was founded in 2014. We have been growing at an incredible rate, year-over-year and we are looking to add a new partner into the mix to help us accelerate our growth even more! We are currently located in Kearny, NJ, right at the center of all the exciting Port activity!
We are a young, fun, energetic, dynamic and fast-growing company!