This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Responsible for processing the exporting of freight by preparing and processing documentation/shipment in accordance with standard freight consolidation and direct shipment procedures and governmental regulations.
Duties & Functions
• Arrange and coordinate pickup transportation from customer's warehouse/supplier to NNR's warehouse or carrier.
• Arrange truck/rail movement of freight for shipper's location.
• Receive freight, check for count and damages.
• Input air waybill data into NNR's computer system.
• Process Dangerous Goods Freight according to DOT and IATA regulations.
• Customer Service duties to include sending customer invoices, miscellaneous filing.
• Prepare Letters of Credit for exporting purposes.
• Prepare Export Declarations and various DOC documentation.
• Complete all Department of Commerce documentation for the exporting of freight out of the U.S.
• Check freight to ensure it complies with TSA security regulations, that Dangerous Goods freight is properly packaged/labeled.
• Process live animal and perishable shipments to comply with various federal agencies regulations.
• Negotiate rates and space with the airlines, steam ship lines and truckers to obtain competitive rates when applicable.
• Track and trace shipments.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum requirement High School diploma or GED.
• Understanding in international freight forwarding operations:
o TSA security regulations.
o Federal regulations that pertain to international export of shipments.
• Forklift operator, Forklift Safety Certification.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Able to use basic math skills to calculate freight, storage and other charges.
• Employee must have excellent organizational skills.
• Basic Microsoft computer application working knowledge: Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, frequently and/or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.