This Noatum Logistics USA Business Development Manager is responsible for growing the company's global third-party logistics (3PL) business in the New York and Northeast USA markets.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a strong import/export ocean (NVOCC) and air transportation skill set, bringing value to the industry and prospective clients with compelling value-added propositions that foster strong relationships. These solutions include customs brokerage, P.O./vendor management, I.T. services, consolidation/CFS, tied with international transportation. Noatum Logistics is seeking a candidate with a strong track record in Business Development, managing territories, budgets, and building internal team-work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Noatum Logistics USA's growth by developing new business in international ocean and air freight forwarding and supply chain management.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific business plans to exceed margin and volume goals.
- Understand and communicate current market conditions and business trends to create strategies that will increase company margins.
- Communicate and coordinate directly with internal teams to develop and execute business development strategies for new and existing customers.
- Report on performance as required, with insight into changes to customer performance and market impact factors.
- Manage business development programs as assigned to promote business between specific countries and/or product offerings.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years' experience in 3PL international freight forwarding
- Proven track record of new and existing business development in ocean and air freight forwarding and supply chain management services, including strong closing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the international freight forwarding and supply chain management industry and existing relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills, and ability to work independently
- Strong desire to improve Noatum Logistics business performance, and further Noatum Logistics' product and brand development, with an excellent ability to work in a multi-national environment to develop the network
- Experience in using CRM systems and customer call cycle planning
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to speak two or more languages is beneficial
- Ability to travel as required
Noatum Logistics USA Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics USA is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of logistics professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many more. With operations in Asia, Europe, North Africa, South America and North America, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our first priority and at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics, www.noatumlogistics.com or www.miq.com.