Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking an Associate Accounting Analyst to support operations for the Denver, Colorado site. The role of the Associate Accounting Analyst is responsible for supporting all corporate and department accounts payable and check processing, and accounting support for the MTN and NW division. This role reports directly into the Controller.
- Responsible for direct vendor invoice entry for all corporate overhead costs incurred and purchase order invoice entry.
- Keep journals and accounts payable and cash disbursements.
- Maintain ACH records for vendors and employees.
- Follow processes for SOX compliance and bring issues to attention of management of exceptions for additional approval.
- Answers vendor inquiries and follows up in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Prepares weekly accounts payable aging schedules and runs payment selection and reports for payment requirements weekly.
- Prepares accounts payable weekly check runs, ACH payments, updates check register, and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Analyzes vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors when funds are restricted. Updates and maintains all payment terms with the accounting software to ensure aging is accurate.
- Perform detail account activity analysis as required for month end financial variance reporting.
- Various month end account reconciliation as required, including but not limited to prepaid and credit card detail.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned and assist other accounting team members as needed.
- On occasion, may be required to assist with answering telephone and direct phone calls as back up to the receptionist.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred with some related work experience, internship experience accepted
- Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping required
- General accounting and reconciliation experience required
- Analytical individual, collects and researches data, using intuition and experience to complement data
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Ability to work in a group and on their own
- Professional interpersonal skills, collaborates with team members
- Adaptable and flexible to ever changing work environment, works well under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Occasional lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Eyeglasses/contacts may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The yearly compensation for this role is $47,000 - $52,000, and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range. This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.