What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New associates can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 18,000 people in 35 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
At The Timken Company, you will have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the company. While working independently or in a team environment, you will develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help you launch your career. Our internship positions allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At Timken, we place great value on our interns and our positions are structured to maximize your hands-on experience.
Timken brings to you what matters most as an intern:
- Competitive salary
- Real-world experience that provides an edge upon graduation
- Access to the latest technologies
- Team-based environment in a high-tech setting
- Career mentoring
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) during the Summer and part-time position (28 hours/week) during the Fall semester with the possibility of extending to Spring semester.
The purpose of the Talent Acquisition Intern is to provide support for University Recruiting during the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 recruiting cycles through planning and execution, special projects and other duties as assigned.
The Talent Acquisition Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze data using Excel to support recruiting strategy recommendations
- Research, design, and provide recommendations for diversity recruitment actions to support Timken's diversity and inclusion strategy
- Assist in various process documentation/process mapping projects
- Prepare and organize career fair/university registrations and travel (register for career fairs, information sessions, interview days, packing lists, etc.)
- Pipeline candidates for career fairs and additional events
- Enter and retrieve data in Timken's human resources information systems (HRIS)
- Assist in planning development program interview days
- Other duties within the Talent Acquisition department as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) or graduate degree program at an accredited four-year university
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Human Resources, Business Administration/Management, or related field of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.