Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Group Leader (Supervisor) is responsible for daily frontline leadership of manufacturing associates. This includes selecting, training, inspiring, and leading team members to reach organizational goals for safety, quality, delivery, cost, and productivity.
Schedule: This is a second shift position. Regular hours are 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum two-year Associate's degree in technical, engineering, or manufacturing discipline. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated achievement in manufacturing supervision
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Excellent technical skills in a manufacturing environment
- Experience and skills in lean manufacturing
- Thorough knowledge of, and ability to use, business information systems (such as SAP)
- Skill in mining, evaluating, and applying data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Safety: Ensure a safe work environment and safety for all team members
Quality: Ensure quality of all material, services, and information accepted, made, or delivered by the team
Delivery: Ensure on-time delivery of parts, products, services and information
Continuous improvement: Drive continuous improvement and cost reduction by leading problem solving and team improvement activities
Productivity: Maintain and improve efficient utilization of equipment, material, and resources
Planning: Organize and plan material, equipment, processes, and resources to meet safety, quality, delivery, cost, and productivity requirements
Problem Solving: Identify, understand, determine root causes, and develop effective correction/elimination of problems
Talent Development: Teach, coach, and mentor associates to reach full performance potential
Communication: Communicate effectively with team regarding safety, quality, and delivery requirements and expectations
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.