Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Location: Ontario, Canada
Based out of Ontario, the Territory Manager will provide sales and technical support for all belts & chain products to an assigned customer base located in Ontario and Manitoba, Canada. The successful candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Preference will be given to applicants who have industrial sales experience and a degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Influence customer purchasing decisions to maximize market share using Carlisle, Diamond & Drives across the full portfolio of products and services.
- Direct focus on Timken's Mechnical Power Transmission indutstrial Belts & Chain products
- Understand and leverage the Timken value proposition focusing on eliminating price as an objection when delivering new products or projects.
- Provide technical support and expertise in areas required to support customers in the Industrial Distribution channel and develop new OE partners.
- Manages customer base within assigned territory: Makes targeted number of customer calls and attains sales targets. Identify and establish new business.
- Market share improvements: Increase market share using innovation to improve competitive advantage.
- Facilitates customer interaction: Coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas on complex system analysis, in the selection of non-standard part types.
- Sales Plan Execution: Based on MPT Sales Manager directives and collaborative forecasts, this position executes the customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, new business attainment.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Working knowledge of industrial belt & chain products and their applications
- Mechanical aptitude and industry awareness (mining, paper, forestry)
- Expertise in Microsoft suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint,
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Training and or experience in the development of customer relationships and partnerships,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills,
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Industrial Direct Sales
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred
Only permanent residents or citizens of Canada will be considered for this position.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.