Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Oversees quality acceptance checks, throughout the process for cups and cones, to ensure product is produced to specifications, and directs the final inspection of cups and cones to specifications.
- Directs, instructs, assists and assigns work to and performs any or all of the work of cup and cone inspection, as necessary.
- Spot-checks passed material to ensure compliance with acceptable levels of quality standards. Checks and makes final disposition of rejected material. Consults supervision concerning excessive amounts of scrap or rework.
- Determines the smoothness of ground surfaces by means of a Hommel T-1000 or Hommel T-8000, including the set up and operational aspects in order to obtain accurate readings.
- Checks the profile of parts for crown or hollow conditions using a Hommel T-8000, including the set up and operational aspects in order to obtain accurate readings. Changes v-block and magna-sine as specified using hand tools.
- Checks the ID or OD of parts for surface configuration using an RCF, including the set up and operational aspects in order to obtain accurate readings. Traces are recorded on computer and saved.
- Checks product for runout, squareness, eccentricity, etc. using RCF or manual gauge. Inspects cups and cones at various departmental locations visually for defects and dimensionally for conformance to specifications. Checks cone ribs angle, cone OD and cup ID using blue blocks and gauges provided.
- Picks up product at various locations, as required, for macro-etch tests and handles and moves materials in and about department using hand truck or by hand carrying.
- Processes product through various etching solutions, as required, and visually checks for grinding burns on roller contact surfaces. Hand sands front and back faces of cones or cups to remove etch solution residue before returning product to lines.
- Approves production of cups and cones, following process control guidelines, for assigned machine operations
- Performs related duties, as required, such as making inspection audits, sorting, verifying and filling out inspection forms and keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- 3-5 years work experience in manufacturing environment or related education preferred.
- Technical or mechanical background.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic and team skills.
- Demonstrated strong math and mechanical skills.
- Must have high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.