Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to manage and provide a vision for a wide range of key departments that support the manufacturing process for all North American Rail. Functions that report directly to this role include Production Planning & Scheduling, Logistics (Shipping & Receiving), Inventory Control, and Warehousing. This position will be responsible for developing and applying tools and driving the improvement process for all material planning, material movement, material inventory, material outsource tracking, material packing and logistics of shipping to our internal and external customers for the various components (OEM, Reconditioning, & Remanufacturing) of the North American Rail organization. Additionally, this position is responsible for the measuring, monitoring, and continuous improvements of service metrics such as schedule attainment, on time delivery, stock in rate, past due, inventory dollars and days, department spend. This position is responsible for being a key input to the SIOP process and ensuring market changes are reflected into the future schedule as well as communicating changes in resource needs with plant leadership. Responsibilities also include the coordination and collaboration with corporate supply chain, purchasing/procurement, supplier assurance, and customer service functions to lead them to support the needs of the business. Provides leadership and assistance to the Plant Manager in identifying and eliminating waste impacting throughput, inventory costs and labor requirements. This position will lead and manage all talent development and succession planning activities within the team. This position will represent the North American Rail to external customers relating to delivery issues.
- The position will sit in our Mascot, TN location and the primary responsibility will be to apply global ERP- SAP business processes for the TN, KS, IL & UT plants that achieve high levels of customer service and responsiveness and drive lean principles in the continuous pursuit of waste elimination.
- The Off-Site Warehouse reports to the Materials Manager NA Rail Services. This warehouse is located in Knoxville, TN about 25 minutes from the Mascot, TN location. The Off-Site Warehouse has approximately 6-12 associates who report to a Warehouse Group Leader that reports to the Materials Manager NA Rail Services.
- Provide leadership and direction to Materials Management associates including development of a high-performance team, talent, and succession plan development, performance management, coaching, mentoring, training, resource/business planning, standards and processes. Play a key role on the plant leadership team.
- Develop inventory strategy including understanding accurate inventory levels which maximizes OTD and reduce costs.
- Drive inventory reduction initiatives to attain world-class levels. Develop Lean strategy for supply chain/materials management to identify normal from ab-normal conditions and develop waste elimination strategies. Drive Lean concepts and initiatives.
- Quantify the NA Rail capacity on a regular basis and ensure strategy plans are developed to best utilize this capacity.
- Communicate with leadership any predicted changes in capacity needs and recommend course of actions working with HR and Finance.
- Interact with corporate purchasing and supply chain functions, sales/marketing leadership and the customer to ensure scheduling commitments can be met. Partner with quality to reduce internal failures and develop root cause analysis.
- Take responsibility for and drive improvements in data integrity of primary production data within SAP (i.e. BOM's, production routings, work center rates, actual production, shipments, etc.).
- Take leadership role in upgrading the SAP knowledge/capabilities of all associates in the plant (operative & all staff - not just direct reports).
- Demonstrated experience in applying SAP functionality to lean applications
- Previous management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong computer skills Microsoft office suite proficient-- Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing principles and processes
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in Supply Chain or Materials Management preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Progressive experience in Supply Chain with extensive SAP experience (min 5 years)
- 3-5 years' experience in complex manufacturing environment
- SAP/MS Project experience preferred
- Verbal & written communication
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision: Near/Distance/Color
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment
- May participate in hearing conversation program
- Forklift and other powered equipment certification
Environmental Conditions: May be exposed to environmental noise, seasonal heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety shoes when in production and laboratory areas.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.