Credit and Collections Specialist - To $21.00 Hour!
Credit and Collections Specialist - To $21.00 Hour!
Location: Chino, CA
About Our Organization: Action Gypsum Supply is a leading distributor of building materials. Partnering with general contractors and our customers, we help support families and our communities by providing the building materials necessary for the construction of homes, office buildings, amusement parks, shopping Centers as well as public works jobs such as schools, hospitals, and airports, just to name a few. Action Gypsum Supply was founded in 2003 by Lenin Juarez and Terri King and in 2017 with the acquisition of ARGOS Material Distribution, they built a strong coalition in the west to form what is now known as Action Gypsum Supply West.
Reports to: Director of Credit and Collections
Salary Range: $16.00 - $21.00
The credit specialist is responsible for credit and collections, with the principal goal of protecting the assets of the company and maximizing cash flow through the collection of accounts receivables as well as mitigating expenses from bad debt.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of credit and collections experience
Knowledge / General Skills:
- Must have a deep understanding of California Lien Laws
- Experience in resolving A/R disputes, account/payment reconciliations, investigating deductions and chargebacks
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other professional software and programs as necessary
- Construction industry knowledge a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers, and customers both orally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize work
- Ability to perform their duties with a high degree of accuracy and consistency
Benefits of Working for Action Gypsum Supply:
- Excellent Pay - $20.00 to $25.00 an hour.
- Paid Weekly on Fridays!
- Superior Benefits - Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans the first of the month following a 60-day probationary period.
- Medical: California employees have the choice to participate in three medical plans thru Anthem Blue Cross (HMO, PPO, HDHP). Employees participating in our HDHP may also participate in a Health Savings Account. The Company subsidizes 75% of employee cost for coverage. No subsidy for family members.
- Dental: Employees are provided dental coverage through Lincoln Financial Group. The Company subsidizes 100% of the cost of coverage for the employee. No subsidy for family members.
- Vision: Employees are provided vision coverage through Lincoln Financial Group. The Company provides No subsidy for employee or family members.
- Basic Life & AD&D, LTD, - California employees are provided Basic Life and AD&D and LTD coverage through Lincoln Financial Group. These benefits are 100% paid by the Company.
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, Child Life – Eligible employees may purchase extra life insurance for themselves, spouse and children through Lincoln Financial Group. Voluntary Life coverage is 100% employee paid.
- 401K -After 90 days of employment, eligible employees may participate in our Company sponsored 401K plan. Our plan is administered by Truist Bank. The Company match is as follows: 100% of the first 3% of employee contributions; then 50% of the next 2% of employee contributions. Employees are fully vested on day one.
- Ability to work well with others as well as train other employees
- Ability to positively interact with customers to establish and foster long-term relationships
- Maintain confidentiality of company and customer information
- Ability to analyze credit and account data to arrive at a valid conclusion even when presented with incomplete data
- Ability to use sound judgment when analyzing account information
Resource Management Skills:
- Must be able to effectively managing one's own time and the time of others
- Ability to effectively use the company's software to manage customer accounts and accounts receivables
- Must comply with company policies, federal, state, local laws, and OSHA Cal-OSHA regulations
- Office personnel are required to maintain a professional appearance
- PPE required when entering safety-sensitive areas
- Working indoors in an office environment
- Assist in preparation of preliminary lien notices including project research through communication with sales, customers and use of the county appraisal districts
- Respond to credit reference requests
- Set up sub-accounts for jobs and get all proper job information
- Assist with maintenance of existing AR accounts, this includes updating phone numbers, sales representatives, and any pertinent information
- File credit applications, letters, references, etc.
- Assist customers with any and all balance inquiries on their accounts
- Check emails daily/respond to emails daily, as well as phone messages
- Perform trade references for new customers
- Prepare folders for new customers
- Fax/scan credit documents as required by department or customers
- Assist collections specialist to execute proper lien releases
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.