Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
The primary responsibility of the Test Stand Technician is to pre-stage, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, issue, store tooling/fixtures for designated Grind departments according to company specifications. They will be required to work with Manufacturing to ensure priorities are clear and with Engineering to ensure the quality or the tooling is maintained.
- Set-up and pre-stage all tooling and fixtures for various grind machines
- Assist Grind personnel in trouble shooting tooling issues. This includes, but is not limited to shoe settings, shoe stops, drivers, spindles, cams, and wheels
- Inspect the quality of incoming/returned tooling and return to inventory. If tooling needs repair, repair if possible or work with Engineering to replace
- Perform vibration analysis on spindles and coordinate repairs and replacements as required
- Work with manufacturing to understand priorities of tooling requests, and keep acceptable levels of tooling pre-staged
- Work with Engineering on identifying damaged tooling, requesting replacement tooling, and designing new tooling
- Keep all tooling documentation accurate, current, and properly identified.
- Tram head on Ring Grinder
- Train personnel as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience required
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills and the ability to train others
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, organization and time management skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Basic computer skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders lift, push and pull up to 30 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.