Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Sales Manager - Food & Beverage can be located remotely within the United States, proximity to North Canton, OH is preferred.
This position will lead the Food & Beverage sales force with the intent to develop and grow Food & Beverage customers and build an installed base of Timken product. This position will be part of a larger F&B global team including sales, marketing, engineering and product management with the objective of identifying value propositions, products, channels and key customers to grow profitably.
- Develop a business plan with strategy, tactics, sales and profitability objectives for F&B OE and Distribution customers.
- Develop list of key OE customers, define call plan and strategy and tactics to grow sales. Lead sales efforts at these key OEM's and grow sales.
- Support the US Territory Management team as the F&B specialist at OE, End User and Distributor
- Provide monthly updates to direct manager and, as necessary, participate in executive level performance review meetings to provide updates on strategy and tactics.
- Provide training to internal and external customers.
- Participate in trade shows, conferences and other industry gatherings to acquire new contacts and customers, as well as promoting Timken products and services.
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving skills
- Strong team skills
- Ability to provide strategic input to marketing, product management and engineering groups
- Ability to drive strategy and tactics to achieve business plan with accurate analysis, program critique, and new business programs
- Process orientation in order to measure progress including calls, opportunities and sales
- Bachelor's degree required, Engineering degree preferred
- Master's in Business or Engineering preferred
- At least 10 years' experience in sales and marketing dealing with large OE customers, preferably in the Food and Beverage industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.