Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose and Scope:
The position of Manufacturing Engineer exists to support the mission of the Lebanon Manufacturing Engineering team and associated business plan objectives. The primary customers of this position are manufacturing and assembly operations. Additional customers include Quality, EHS, and Maintenance departments. Typical functions of this position include support, development, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes; design and assignment of tooling; creation and support of work instructions, programs, and gauging.
The role requires strong technical competence and recognition as subject matter expert in multiple manufacturing methods and/or systems. In this role, as technical expert, the associate must function both as a strong contributor as well as a mentor to developing associates. This individual shall be capable of diagnosing and solving challenging manufacturing problems using a structural and analytical approach. Knowledge of command and current engineering tools and systems such as CAD/CAM, MS Excel, SAP, TeamCenter, and AS400 is a must.
- Manufacturing responsibilities will be in one or more of the following areas:
- Soft Turn, Mill, Hard Turn, Grind Hone
- Heat Treat, Mass Finishing tumble, rotary burnish, sand blast, etc.), Wash, NDT
- Assembly, Packaging, Material Handling, CNC Marking, Laser Marking
- Bench gauging, Automated gauging (CMM,UMM, etc.), Assembly gauging
- Develop of master routings and process sheets
- As a project manager, this individual must serve as both technical and functional leader to teams of engineer, analysts, technicians, and operative associates. He/She will also work as a technical contributor in support of additional projects led by other experienced engineers, analysts, and managers
- Develop new and improve existing manufacturing methods, machine programs, and cutting tools/abrasives technology. Provide data/theory-based problem solving to manufacturing operations within Timken Aerospace Lebanon Plant
- Thorough documentation and communication of regular job activities such as problem resolution, continuous improvement, and engineering tests
- Communication at regular team meetings on project status, manufacturing support activities, team metrics, and safety initiatives
- Root cause analysis and permanent resolution to safety issues and persistent manufacturing, quality, or department instruction processing methods
- Participations and ME department representation in STAR, Quality, and Safety teams
- Training and mentoring ME teammates and operational associates
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Associate Degree; Bachelor or Masters in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or other technical preferred
- Advanced computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficiency in trigonometry, calculus, and calculus-based engineering skills
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- CAD/CAM and/or system skills such as Siemen NX CAD/CAM, ProEngineer CAD/CAM, Microstation, AS-400
- Command of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, A3 forms, and Action Tracker
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Demonstrated project team leadership and management experience
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.