1st Shift, Monday- Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and we are on Forbes' list as one of America's best employers. At XPO, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Packaging Engineer, you will ensure that all parts are assigned to the correct packaging per applicable military standards. You'll also develop protective packaging containers for parts that have not been processed previously. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a fast-growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Apply packaging expertise to analyze packaging problems (including damages occurred in transportation)
- Develop, lead and monitor projects to drive strategic and tactical packaging improvement; understand implicated project efforts and impact to company direction and profitability
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and eliminate gaps
- Continuously research and explore new technologies, designs, materials and processes to help drive strategic quality and cost improvements
- Develop, interpret and communicate technical reports in both written and verbal forms
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of products to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling and safety requirements and type of materials required for container
- Identify, develop, and validate packaging that pertains to ASTMD3951 and Mil -STD -2073
- Work closely with packaging suppliers to identify appropriate packaging components and materials
- Serve as the technical packaging expert; develop Standard Work Instructions (SWI) for packaging standards and processes
- Train key personnel on proper packaging techniques
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of technical experience in the packaging engineering field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Government program requirements and federal law require US citizenship status
It'd be great if you also have:
- Broad technical experience in the packaging engineering field
- Experience with military packaging requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with multiple cross-functional teams
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt designation or equivalent coursework
- Shop floor supervisory experience in a supply chain support operations environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.