Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we're always on the lookout for inspirational leaders who know how to get the best out of their team. As the Manager, Operations, you'll oversee the smooth running of customer operations, ensuring on time service is met. We'll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of our company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations, and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Participate in planning/ corrective action meetings with mill management and IP Memphis logistics
- Daily interaction with shipping personal and spotter service to maintain efficient operations
- Update empty/loaded container information in Depot
- Verify accuracy of SSL for each container
- Provide a container availability report to shipping department twice daily
- Communicate any safety related issues at the mill
- Guarantee all drivers are cleared through Mill safety protocols
- Ensure all drivers maintain proper PPE while on site
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years of experience in drayage/intermodal operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner equipment
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- Ability to communicate with credibility and build customer relationships
- Experience maintaining a safe work environment by monitoring and enforcing safety procedures across all departments
- Ability to prioritize to ensure smooth operations daily
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.