Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full time Warehouse Agent 1 for our Hawthorn CA, lotion.
The Warehouse Agent 1 is in charge of loading & unloading materials utilizing a hand truck, reach truck, or forklift. They are to maintain a clean and safe work environment and identify any discrepancies in receiving loads against manifest.
- Understand and comply with TSA regulations.
- Loading and unloading of trucks/containers.
- Checking and notating correct weights and dimensions.
- Making sure freight gets labeled correctly.
- Checking for and notating damages/shortages or other exceptions.
- Cleaning at the end of each shift.
- Making sure freight is being scanned in/out at all times.
- Providing accurate dock check scans.
- Performing dock checks when requested.
- Proper and accurate use of scanners.
- Assist and apply additional packing to shipments when needed.
- Keep work areas organized and maintained.
- Support other shifts as needed.
- Able to work variable hours, including mandatory weekends (Saturday rotation) and overtime.
- Clocking in/out daily (including lunch breaks) and maintain lunch/break schedule independently (based on posted schedules).
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Able to apply basic problem-solving skills.
- Basic PC skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to discern numbers and information.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Able to use various dock equipment sucks as forklifts, pallet jacks and banding/shrink wrap and other materials.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Must be forklift certified.
- 1-year of warehouse experience.
This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time. Position
requires employee to frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, use hands, reach, bend and lift
objects above their head. Employee must be able to regularly lift/move up to 50 pounds
and use pallet jacks and forklifts. Position requires regular use of a phone and a PC and
reading and writing of various shipping documents.
- Not applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. For the warehouse locations, employee may be exposed to ambient weather conditions.