Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to support the Keene Manufacturing Engineering team and associated business plan objectives. The primary customers of this position are Manufacturing and Assembly Operations. Additional customers include Quality, Production Control and Finance. The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for analyzing current part standards, determining a project plan for Improving the standards, and then leading the effort to improve the standards. This will be accomplished by gaining a thorough understanding of existing processes by working with the people currently involved in the processes. Ultimately, the Industrial Engineer will be a key contributor toward understanding the cost to make product and in proposing alternatives to existing processes to save the company money. Position will complete various project work as assigned.
This position will be responsible for:
- Increasing accuracy of standards and integrity of master data settings
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing and support processes
- Monitoring and correcting levels of adherence to standards
- Providing assistance to project engineers for ROI development
- Accurately costing new products at deployment and monitoring for costing anomalies
- Understanding and communicating ERP system functionality across departments
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Familarity with a wide range of manufacturing methods preferred(internship working in the field of industrial engineering acceptable).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or Technical Field
- 3 years of preferred job experience in Industrial Engineering and/or Manufacturing Methods/Processes
- Master's in Industrial Engineering/Industrial Management/MBA
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.