Pilot Freight Services seeks full-time Inbound Operations Agent to work at our Pilot Milwaukee office located in Oak Creek, WI. This position is the secondary dispatch position and is a main interface between Pilot Freight Services, customers, system operations, drivers, agents, and provides quality customer service while meeting company policies and procedures.
The Operations Agent 1 is responsible for controlling freight forwarding shipments into and out of the station across various modes of transportation based on customer requests. The primary focus is providing a high-level operations excellence and a quality customer service experience to all customers while maintaining station KPI's.
- Timely and accurate quoting for shipment or project costing
- Arranging shipments with carriers and agents
- Creating and transmission of shipping documents
- Monitoring and reporting shipment status
- Working with sales team to win business
- Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions quickly
- Fact based decision making
- Customer Service via telephone and email to customers
- Light expensing also required as needed
- Positive team player
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Can work in a collaborative, team environment
- Working knowledge of Freight Forwarding processes (Air and Ground)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and basic math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
High School or better.