Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Works directly with sales and finance to ensure maximum profitability, diversity and sustainability of marine market portfolio, including new product innovations. Responsible for developing new product engineering and line extensions to grow the business beyond existing customers and products. Responsible for providing strategic leadership of all PT Tech product lines. Interfaces with all external and internal customers and most of the company functional departments.
- Defines Product Management vision, goals, processes, responsibilities, structure, and document templates.
- Provides oversight in the areas of: corporate financial goals for engineering concepts, product lifecycle, product launch, technical product direction, and business development strategy.
- Directs and oversees new engineering projects for opportunities with the sales force and the organization. Ensures vitality of product pipeline.
- Ensures clear team communications with the rest of the organization on all aspects of product management.
- Works closely with Sales Manager and Sales Team to understand: market trends, potential competitors, VOC (Voice of the Customer), price points, and other information critical to decision making.
- Regularly attends tradeshows for exploration of new markets and products which the company does not currently serve or make.
- Sets expectations for new product launches throughout the organization and maintains product launch workflow.
- Leads engineering team when product failures, quality issues and design flaws arise. Works closely with quality and sales to resolve customer issues.
- Lead in redesign and launch of old products into new applications.
- Travels as necessary to perform the functions of this role.
- Responsible for working directly with our corporate patent attorney(s) on matters regarding all Patents and Trademarks including: filing, payment of fees, database recordkeeping, and training. Does not currently handle patent award program responsibilities.
- Has shared responsibility as part of the Decision Team for authorizing the acceptance of proposed projects within the Product Realization Process.
- Leads design reviews for new products and records results as applicable.
Bachelors in Engineering, Masters preferred with 7 - 10 years' experience in mechanical design in the brake, clutch or hydraulics industry.
Principal Engineer with marine industry background preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.