Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90+ years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking an experienced Gateway Manager USA to join its Chicago Office located in Elk Grove Village, IL. The Gateway Manager USA is responsible for the overall management of the US Air Freight Gateway. This includes developing and leading the US Gateway Team, as well as ensuring the Gateway's operational excellence and alignment with Dachser's global Air Freight strategies.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Coaches, develops and leads the Gateway Team. Ensures it is properly staffed and appropriate training is provided.
• Weekly capacity and monthly gateway reports and schedules.
• Works with BPO to include new projects affecting the operating system.
• Works with overseas offices and branches on quality / service issues.
• Drives E-AWB: work with BPO and GMA.
• Supports customer service in customer query resolution and exception handling.
• Negotiates airline rates and manages vendors
• Provides general guidance and leadership to the operations staff.
• Provides operational support to clients as necessary.
• Maintains full compliance with all regulatory compliance processes, laws and regulations.
Requirements of the position include:
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
• 5 years of industry experience and working in a related discipline with progressive supervisory and management responsibility.
• Working knowledge of related operations programs in Air Import and Export, Trucking, Warehousing and Customs Brokerage, etc.
• Proven experience in motivating teams, along with the ability to build strong rapport, establish trust and credibility through a consultative approach.
• Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please click on the link below.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.dachser.us. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.