Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90+ years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to join its Chicago Office located in Elk Grove Village, IL. This role oversees and coordinates the daily ASL warehouse activities for Air and Ocean Freight, such as receiving and storing goods, ensuring efficient delivery of goods, supervising staff and securing the warehouse.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Supervises the ASL Warehouse Team and their day to day activities.
• Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
• Tracking and coordinating of receiving incoming goods, storing goods, picking/packing goods, releasing goods from storage and loading goods for transport.
• Ordering Supplies and maintain sufficient inventory levels.
• Maintain Records, reporting relevant information and prepare necessary documentation.
• Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
• Performs common warehouse tasks, such as cleaning the warehouse, performing common building maintenance & safety checks of equipment.
• Operates a forklift according to safety requirements.
• Accounts for warehouse inventory by making accounting entries using Dachser internal operating systems and methods.
• Collaborates with all departments within the branch and the company at large, as necessary.
Requirements of the position include:
• High school diploma or its equivalent.
• 3 years relevant warehouse experience in Logistics, with a focus on warehousing and contract logistics projects.
• 1 year supervisory experience with the ability to manage a team through a collaborative approach.
• Prior experience operating forklifts. Forklift certifications required for stand up and sit down forklifts.
• Time management skills and the ability to delegate.
• Excellent leadership and organizational and communication skills.
• High level of commercial awareness, as well as good organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate assertively and cross-culturally.
• Demonstrated fluency in English (oral, comprehension and written).
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please forward your resume click on the link below.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.dachser.us. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.