The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the schedules of both outbound and inbound shipments, while focusing on a variety of logistics and transportation options to ensure shipments are executed per contractual obligations and ensuring receipt of required documentation. Will be responsible for evaluating freight rates and services of multiple freight partners to provide optimal transportation solutions. The Logistics Specialist will lead the freight execution by staying in daily contact with internal stakeholders, warehouses, suppliers, freight providers and other service providers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments both domestic and international
- Lead the overall supply chain process ensuring sales contracts are filled on time according to terms
- Anticipate logistics disruptions and proactively lead the resolution process
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer needs regarding shipments and take necessary action to ensure those needs are met
- Plan, negotiate costs, execute and track activity in company transportation system
- Track and approve all freight costs and invoices
- Focus on long-term strategic sourcing and relationship management with customers, service providers and suppliers
- Maintain daily communication with all parties in the supply chain including internal stakeholders, suppliers, distribution centers, warehouses and freight providers to ensure smooth and on-time delivery for both inbound and outbound shipments
- Identify opportunities for better utilization of transportation with focus on continuous improvement such as freight cost savings. Work with Manager to implement savings while maintaining high level of service.
- Monitor shipments and inform sales of changes or delays
- Maintain strong understanding of service level and logistics cost metrics
- Track relevant key performance indicators and metrics with focus on identifying efficiencies
- Audit all origin and destination demurrage and detention claims. Take the lead to investigate and acquire all necessary information to convey to Logistics Manager
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of GMP processes with regards to food grade products and ensures food safety during transportation
- Assist Distribution Manager with special projects when necessary
- Deals with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Monitor inventory and process shipments into and out of contracted exterior warehouses.
- Help as needed in warehouse to check customer orders, pick orders, verify inventory as needed.
- Five years' experience in an LTL and FTL freight management role in a manufacturing setting
- Knowledge in domestic transportation industry and understanding of freight spreads
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and with a collaborative team
- Effectively communicate with internal and external vendors and all members of the organization
- Proficiency with ERP system, warehouse management systems and transportation management systems.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software suite (especially Microsoft Excel)
- Experience coordinating deliveries to produce departments of retail grocery chains
- Bilingual English – Spanish
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations or related field and five years relevant logistics experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to type, talk and communicate both written and verbally and use telephone system
- Visual ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to move around facility with occasional bending and lifting to 50 pounds
- Typical office environment, inside climate controlled.
Waymouth Farms, Inc., dba Good Sense Foods, is a food manufacturing company located in New Hope, Minnesota. Our brands include Salad Pizazz, our line of delicious salad and veggie toppings that enhance any meal experience, as well as Good Sense, our line of great-tasting, nutrient-dense, better-for-you snacks.
Originally founded in 1976, since 2017 we are a second-generation family owned and professionally managed business with a clear vision and strong core values in pursuit of bringing the Company to the next level. We are on a mission to help Americans eat better and it starts with our salad toppings, trail mixes, roasted nuts and seeds, dried fruits, and other value-added products typically sold in produce departments of grocery stores.
We foster a collaborative and transparent work environment where individual and team accomplishments are recognized. If you have a desire to make an impact and help us grow, we would love to hear from you.
We are proud of our Award-Winning Culture! Good Sense Foods was voted "Best Place to Work" in the Sun Media Readers Poll for both 2020 and 2021.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Waymouth Farms, Inc. dba Good Sense Foods is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.