Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90+ years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a motivated Ocean Pricing Specialist to join its Regional Office located in the Vinings area of Atlanta, GA. This role is responsible for sourcing and pricing ocean shipments on a global basis.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Supports the Trade Lane Manager with negotiations with the ocean carriers and service contracts for all trade lanes.
• Supports the Procurement Team with responding to Tender Requests.
• Obtains and supplies Domestic pricing for the DACHSER network.
• Sources and prices ocean shipments while ensuring optimal gross sales and high gross margins on shipments.
• Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to emails and rate requests.
• Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other Dachser offices.
• Provides support to trade directors, account managers and operations.
Requirements of the position include:
• BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
• 3 years working in Pricing, with an Operational background preferred.
• Must be able to read and interpret Ocean Contracts.
• Prior experience within the field of global transportation, primarily with FCL & LCL shipments pertaining to IFF & NVOCC processes.
• Experience with quoting rates for sales teams and working on multi-lane bids and RFQ's.
• Excellent ability to problem solve with ocean carriers and branch offices.
• Proven negotiation skills with Ocean Carrier (SSL) service contracts.
• Strong understanding of the LCL product.
• Good working knowledge of market levels per trade lanes.
• Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Windows programs, with an emphasis in advanced functions of Excel, including pivot tables and formulas.
• Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
To apply, please click on the link below.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.dachser.us. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.