Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award.
The Manager Processing Engineering provides leadership and direction within the manufacturing engineering function of the Timken Aerospace Lebanon Plant. The incumbent will be responsible for the creation and enhancement of prototype processes as well as legacy processes for both components and assemblies. Responsibilities will also include but are not limited to the development of Bill of Materials, component and assembly routers, process documents (instructions on how to manufacture a component or assembly), updates to legacy part numbers that result from customer requirements, print changes or internal manufacturing process improvements, rework processes, assembly processes, revision updates and the decision to make or purchase various components.
The Manager Process Engineering is responsible for the selection, development, and management of talent. This individual will also be responsible for supporting and executing to the developed business plan as well as advancing the core values of the organization all while promoting and ensuring a safe work environment within the established EH&S guidelines.
- Reinforce and foster the technical and process capability of engineering to achieve performance related objectives tied to the Business Plan, i.e., Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Cost, Productivity and Morale.
- Implement joint design for manufacturability with the Front-End Unit as well as the customer to clarify specifications, optimize manufacturing processes and develop sustainable core process technologies and capabilities.
- Employ current best practice methodology in the processing of components in operations.
- Lead and manage the translation of product specifications to bills of materials and process routings. Ensure this translation, provided to operations, results in clear, concise, and correct manufacturing instructions with proper revision control. As a result, new product/program introductions are delivered in line with agreed customer timelines.
- Manage the AS9100 REV C. requirement of flawless launch as it pertains to new product introduction. This includes the use of PFMEA's to mitigate high risk items that would cause the failure of operations to deliver product in a timely fashion.
- Develop an efficient/effective system for the rework process whereby timely release of rework packages are distributed to operations. This system must include true root cause for rework allowing the processing team to revise/update the initial processes to become robust.
- Co-lead efforts with front end engineering to establish a system where the CI/CR process is efficient resulting in quicker turnaround times in implementing the new change and insuring product complies with either customer or internal changes.8. Champion the efforts associated with establishing new processes in the assembly process.
- Coach and mentor direct reports using FOCUS Plans (SMART Goals), Personal Development Plans and Skills Matrices to develop a high performing team which offers associates professional challenge and increasing responsibilities. Provide training and performance management to direct reports.
- Lead, manage and adjust accordingly to stay within the yearly department budget.
- Continued professional development to stay current with the ever-changing environment of engineering techniques, technologies, and practices.
General Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related technical discipline) with 10-15 years experience in an engineering/project/manufacturing leadership capacity; or Master's degree in Engineering or related with 5-10 years applicable experience.
- Strong verbal, written and interactive team leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes including grinding and turning processes.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing practices, i.e., Kaizen, PDCA, Pull Systems, KANBAN, TPM.
- Strong analytical, systemic, logical, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to apply best practices when upgrading legacy or initiating processes for new part numbers.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Working knowledge and possessing the skills to effectively use MS Office, SAP, Team Center, NX6.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.