The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the receiving, shipping and distribution functions of the warehouse found at the Branch location. This individual will report directly to the VP of Warehouse Operations and manages the daily operations of the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the physical warehouse facility
• Customarily and regularly directs the work of warehouse employees ensuring operational excellence and accuracy
• Oversees receiving and checking functions
• Oversees all packing functions
• Oversees shipping functions
• Assists with site surveys and cargo inspections
• Oversees customer service activities related to warehouse functions
• Implements corrective and preventive actions
• Has the delegated authority to interview, hire and supervise the support staff
• Responsible for yearly performance appraisals for staff
• Responsible for the security of the warehouse
• Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment
• Responsible for training employees
• 5+ years of warehouse experience required
• 5+ years of management experience highly preferred
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
• Operational knowledge of DOT, HAZMAT, TSA security, customs regulations, OSHA, Forklift certification and training, shipping and receiving, distribution, documentation, and compliance highly preferred
• Trucking, transportation, or logistics experience a plus
• Effective leadership skills
• Ability to manage employees
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self managing and pro-active
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to operate in global environment
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and other technical software is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.