Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Value Added Services Representative, you will serve as the daily point of contact and relationship manager to XPO's key carriers. You will also farm strategic carriers for our value added solutions, maintain carrier relationships, and work with other XPO team members to deliver superior service. On our team, you'll have the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Act as advocate and liaison for XPO's top carriers to ensure customer satisfaction; put carriers' interests first at all times
- Expand sales with current carrier clients
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale including fuel cards, ELD, permits, factoring, tires and maintenance
- Negotiate rates, services and other revenue-producing services
- Cultivate a core book of business for consistent and repeatable sales; maintain a strong understanding of the industry and client needs
- Update internal reporting systems to maintain accuracy in sales and volume
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of experience in sales
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; use whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
It'd be great if you also have:
- 1 year of experience in transportation or a high-volume sales environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- Ability to utilize a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for the intended audience
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.