1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Senior Project Manager of Operations, you will play a key role in contributing to the operational efficiency and financial success of the company through effective planning, execution, resource management and delivery of projects on time and on budget. If you're ready to grow your career, we have an opportunity for you at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage assigned local and/or remote staff, including mentoring and training, resolving issues/problems and ensuring staff matches the requirements of the client's service levels
- Serve as a development and educational resource for team members; provide opportunities for team members so they can continue to grow, develop and earn recognition
- Set defined expectations for performance and ensure team members achieve or exceed those expectations
- Create a collaborative, enjoyable work environment that is conducive to effective creative thinking
- Act as the primary project management leader for new business pursuits from sales to startup
- Directly manage milestones, project workflows and resourcing for assigned projects/clients
- Define key skills, training and development paths for the team
- Document and present the status updates to XPO leadership and client
- Drive projects and action owners towards on-time project completion
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of management experience in the Project Management Office (PMO) function
- Experience working with remote teams (onsite/offshore setup)
- Experience in staff management and development
- Microsoft Office experience (PowerPoint, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience in a transportation, supply chain, logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of professional services economics, and experience with change management processes
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multitask and conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.