Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Specialist, Carrier Procurement, you will source, negotiate and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the opportunity to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Cultivate strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns or other issues as necessary
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointment times; use discretion and insight when considering all factors affecting timeframe, including weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company's operating systems
- Conduct research in available databases for potential leads; make cold calls to prospects
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of procurement experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of transportation experience
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience
- The ability to exercise judgment and discretion while functioning independently within authorized limits
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.