2nd Shift, Monday – Thursday, 4:30pm – 3:00am
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that our success depends on our ability to provide the highest level of support and solutions to our customers. As the Demand Planner, you will take responsibility for the demand planning and forecasting functions for selected clients. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll give you the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Employ contemporary demand planning processes and applications to deliver reliable projections of forwarding demand requirements
- Provide planning support and technical oversight as defined by departmental procedures for the assigned client
- Execute planning processes and activities consistent with defined procedures and management direction
- Ensure the consistent, uniform and thorough execution of forecasting activities
- Conduct studies to discover ways to reduce costs, improve processes and optimize output
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of experience leading complex demand planning activities
- Experience with basic data analysis and analytical tools (Excel, Access, etc.); understanding of and experience with forecasting solutions, concepts and applications, as well as defining, modeling and applying demand planning processes and tools
- Experience managing and/or developing inventory and supply/demand models within the retail, manufacturing or distribution industries
It'd be great if you also have:
- An understanding of SQL, VBA, Python, R and/or Oracle's Business Intelligence solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.