The Tax Analyst is an integral member of the Fleet Services / Operating Tax audit support team. This position is highly engaged in audit defense for Penske and its affiliates. Areas of Tax Audit includes Domestic and International Tax focusing on Sales and Use, Personal Property, Federal Excise, GST, VAT, IFTA, and HVUT.
- Collect and analyze data and documentation to support tax audits and inquiries. Duties include communicating with customers/suppliers, negotiating with auditors, and interfacing with taxing jurisdictions
- Summarize and document the audit results.
- Initiate and perfect tax appeals and refund claims
- Utilize database tools to ensure reports are accurate, complete, and efficiently extracted from Penske's systems
- Perform tax research using TTR, CCH or other web-based resources.
- Other tax projects and tasks as assigned by management
- Minimum 5 years experience in Corporate Finance or related area
- 2 years tax experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; CPA, CMI, and/ or Master Taxation is preferred
- Ability to understand and articulate complex tax issues
- Strong and adaptable communication skills required
- Ability to establish and adhere to project/ audit timelines and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects/ audits simultaneously
- Expert proficiency in the use of the Microsoft 365 suite of applications
- Experience using AS400, One Stream, HFM
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential requirement of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.