Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full time Operations Agent 1 for our Folcroft PA, location.
The Operations Agent 2 is responsible for controlling freight forwarding shipments into and out of the station across various modes of transportation based on customer requests. The primary focus is providing a high-level operations excellence and a quality customer service experience to all customers while maintaining station KPI's.
- Adhere to TSA /KSMS and other government regulatory compliance standards
- Answering phones and emails professionally and timely
- Communicating to sales, customer service and other Pilot stations when problems arise.
- Understanding TSA regulations
- Preparing documents for air shipments
- Data entry.and general customer service duties
- Complete and accurate entry of shipment information
- Knowing account specific requirements
- Proper documentation and reporting status of high value shipments
- Scanning of shipment documents
- Completion of specific assigned duties/accounts
- Able to work overtime and weekend on call rotations
- Negotiate freight rates and book loads with carriers
- Multi-tasking while maintaining precise attention to detail
- Negotiating abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to type 35+ words per minute
- Must be able to work in demanding, high-volume environment, particularly with email and calls
- Precise attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Must be tech savvy
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 1+ years minimum experience in freight operations
- 1+ year experience in transportation customer service
- 1+ years work experience as an Operations Agent
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
High School or better.
Customer service experience Novice
Dealing with Complaints Novice
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Novice
1 year industry experience