Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full-time on-site Transportation/Logistics Coordinator for a customer in Jupiter, FL. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. After-hours, holiday, and weekend support are required for this position.
This 3PL position, located at the customer site and reporting to the Transportation Manager, is responsible for coordinating all transportation, both international and domestic, carrier management and procurement, providing information for billing and tracking, guidance and customer service to our client.
The ideal candidate is a customer service oriented person who is organized and able to multitask. You must have the ability to secure and book EUV, flatbed and TL shipments, as well as have a strong background in ground, ocean and customs brokerage compliance. You will be interacting with all levels and departments at client facility including the senior-level management team. You must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Must be adaptable, willing to learn and be able to build and maintain carrier relationships.
Candidate must have open availability and be able to manage after-hours/weekend/holiday customer and carrier support with little notice.
- Arrange domestic and international transportation
- Carrier management and procurement
- Utilizing Pilot's TMS system to set up, track, organize, document shipments
- Provide feedback and information to customer
- Assist in providing information for client accounting department
- High School Diploma or 3-5 years experience in transportation/logistics or related field
- B/S or B/A preferred
- High energy, enthusiastic, friendly, with ability to work with many different people
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors or better.
High School or better.
MS Office Suite Intermediate
COMP- Scheduling and Coordinating Advanced
Business Communication Skills Advanced
Ability to Work Under Pressure Expert
3-5 years: Transportation and Logistics