DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 90 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 30,600 people worldwide in 399 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking knowledgeable Gateway Specialist to join our Chicago Office located in Elk Grove Village, IL. This position will support daily air freight shipments and handle all related activities for DACHSER USA's US Gateway.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Supports excellence in air product performance in profitability, processes, efficiencies, quality and customer satisfaction for the US Gateway.
- Coordinates air import and air export activities with all participating branches.
- Prepares and works on air freight consolidations.
- Prepares and maintains scheduled allocations for air freight shipments.
- Monitors status of all shipments and ensures Othello milestones are accurate.
- Maintains communications with the airlines.
- Reviews and monitors carrier performance and compiles information for carrier reviews, including running any required performance reports.
- Maintains and establishes network base level pricing.
- Verifies CASS billing.
- Coordinates with the Warehouse and ground handling agents to prepare freight for carriage.
- Completes weekly/monthly/annual reporting for Manager, as requested.
- Supports Manager and the department to achieve and exceed Corporate & Regional Goals.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in Air Exports and Air Imports.
- Keen knowledge of Air transportation processes and procedures, as well as excellent understanding of international transportation and logistics operations.
- Knowledge of ULD building.
- Strong local market knowledge.
- Results driven with a passion for quality and excellent customer service.
- Performs well under stress and with tight deadlines.
- Team player with the desire and ability to work closely with other functional disciplines.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.