1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers by Forbes. At XPO, your strong work ethic and attention to the small details are critical to our success. As the Senior Industrial Engineer you will be responsible for facility layout and design, manpower planning, project scheduling and management, and support for new business development and sales. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles and product flow and transportation methods
- Specify material handling and storage equipment solutions
- Recognize and specify use of automation where justified
- Identify office equipment and facility up-fit requirements
- Create equipment and operating supply lists, and provide purchase requisitions
- Develop IT equipment (hardware and cabling) requirements based on activity levels and work content
- Establish tasks and processes required to complete proposed work content
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years of experience in supply chain management, logistics, warehousing or a related field
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 production environment
It'd be great if you also have:
- APICS certification
- Third-Party Logistics (3PL) experience
- Extensive experience in quality, engineering, lean manufacturing and work cell manufacturing; ability to identify best practices in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with analytical tools such as flowcharts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Project and resource management experience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.