Responsible for the revenue growth of customers in a defined geographic territory; services all current customers and uncovers prospective opportunities for new business; works with the local and corporate management sales teams in developing new business.
- Work with the District Manager and corporate sales teams to increase the wallet share of existing customers and uncover new opportunities to pursue and close.
- Stay current on all the products and services offered. Attend training classes to further expand your knowledge and proficiency.
- Interact regularly with local management and develop close and cooperative working relationship with operations staff to ensure the customer's needs are met.
- Develop a sales budget from the bottom up for your designated territory. Project the trends of current clients along with new opportunities from your list of target accounts
- Ensure that a flow of sales leads are constantly coming into the territory: work with drivers, telemarketing, and customer service. Daily telephone prospecting and regular in person cold calls are expected.
- Build long lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with internal departments to help create a better customer experience
- Follow-up with new clients and operations to ensure a seamless integration when onboarding new clients.
- Present and demonstrate our value proposition to prospective buyers.
- Participate in any promotional programs that are developed by Marketing: attend local marketing customer events with key clients
- Schedule and conduct a predetermined number of face-to-face sales calls as directed by regional and local management team;
- Utilize Salesforce or the current CRM program to build a database of key information for your territory.
- Track new opportunities and work with management to secure new customers
- Participate in the training of new hires as directed by local management
- Exceed all assigned revenue goals: Work with management on any customers that require yield improvement within the territory
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a proven track record in sales, preferably transportation and logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team sell with the various corporate subject matter experts (SME's)
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce CRM
- Some local travel involved
High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Sales Ability Expert
Critical Thinking Skills Advanced
Working Independently Advanced
Time Management Skills Advanced
Conducting Meetings Expert
Business Communication Skills Advanced
Building New Business Advanced