Logistics at Full Potential.
This role will support the recently announced GXO part of the organization, which represents the intended spinoff of our global contract logistics business. GXO stands for ‘Game Changing Opportunities'; with |100,000 people comprising GXO's global team, we are on a journey toward a new era, together. We're a bold, future-focused company, driven by technology. If you're excited about reaching your full potential, we have an opportunity for you.
As the As the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), you will be the catalyst for profitable growth across the designated business unit. You'll also develop and track the strategic plan and create data-driven solutions to improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase revenue.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Take ownership of GXO financial model for use by controllership, IR, CFO & other functional teams
- Be responsible for reconciliation of MD&A for 10-Q, 10-K & close documentation
- Drive close pulse process in conjunction with FP&A Leader, build list of actions items to address during close process
- Execute variance analysis to ensure accuracy of reported financials and build understanding of results
- Own organic revenue calculation during close and estimate cycles
- Work with FP&A leader to construct presentations for Companywide MOR/QOR
- Leverage IR KPI rebuild to create process for GXO close book
- Liaise with IR on any analysis required during earnings cycle
- Proactively monitor and report financial performance; interpret weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operating results; investigate and communicate variances and unusual items, and evaluate their impact on operations
- Liaise with FP&A lead to build Monthly Operating Reporting (MOR) processes; standardize templates and consolidate data
- Oversee the forecasting and planning processes, working cross-functionally across corporate departments and business units.
- Develop insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results
- Align and build partnerships across functional areas to benchmark locations, operational groups and personnel with meaningful KPIs in order improve future results
- Measure and effectively communicate results on key strategic initiatives within the business
- Develop routine and ad hoc analyses to support business decisions
- Present organized information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Formalize reporting processes and create associated policies
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 7 years of experience in finance or FP&A
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint); ability to create complex formulas and models in Excel with large amounts of data in various formats
- Solid experience with business intelligence (BI) and consolidation (HFM) tools
- Ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in all internal software applications (Hyperion)
- Proven ability to prioritize regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree (MBA or MS), CFA and/or CPA certification
- Availability to work extended hours, which may occasionally include weekends and holidays
- Availability to travel as needed to various business units, on average 2-4 times per quarter
- Transportation or supply chain experience; experience within a corporate office and with field business unit operations
- International work experience
- Trilingual English/French/Spanish
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality; ability to apply integrity and accountability to commitments and deliverables; can own mistakes and use them as opportunities for learning and development
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to effectively manage individuals, groups and projects
- Team-oriented; consults with team as needed to complete assigned tasks on schedule
- Ability to take calculated risks and make strategic, results-oriented decisions, while accepting responsibility for the results (positive or negative)
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.