Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a talented individual who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Operations Manager at XPO Logistics, you'll have the opportunity to connect with customers, assist in route planning and monitoring, and build a bright professional future. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Oversee the daily operations of contract carriers, including maintaining contractor schedules, monitoring routes, reports and fostering positive working relationships with contract carriers and helpers
- Use route planning software to build efficient delivery routes
- Manage the dispatch of contract carriers and resolve issues throughout the day
- Identify problem areas, including restructuring routes to improve operational efficiencies
- Train and develop contract carriers, dispatchers to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately and within established time frame
- Ensure photos are taken for every job
- Allocate and request additional resources as needed
- Develop and mentor staff to reach goals; train staff on company policies and procedures
- Carry out managerial responsibilities, including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and resolving issues
- Ensure compliance with corporate warehouse policies, procedures and programs
- Supervise employees in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints/resolving problems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 4 years related logistics and supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet jack
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or similar
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including holidays, days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel between branches and regions occasionally
- Experience mentoring, training and guiding newer/less-experienced team members
- Bilingual English/Spanish (read, write and speak both languages)
- Strong business acumen with the willingness to act in partnership with management teams
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.