Penske Logistics is looking for delivery helpers that will assist delivery drivers in moving product from the back of a truck to our customer's location.
Compensation: $16.00 / hour paid OT
Shift - 2:30 p.m.to until route is complete
-This location operates 24 / hours day, 7 days / week. Your scheduled work days will be determined after you are hired and complete your training program.
-Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
-Will work 10 to 12 hours days
-Paid overtime after 40 hours in one week
-Will train eager candidates
• Assist delivery driver with the loading, and unloading of products up to 50 lbs. / 23 kg and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 lbs./ 45 kg. with assistance of another individual.
• Will interact in a professional and courteous manner with customers
• Read bills of lading and identify product, collect necessary delivery receipts as necessary
• May assist in providing navigational assistance to the driver
• Prior customer service experience, interacting directly with customers preferred
• Prior warehouse or dock experience preferred
• Prior delivery assistance experience preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled environments required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.