The role of the Liability Claims Examiner is to investigate, document, manage, direct and resolve liability, property, cargo, brokerage and subrogation claims. This includes the gathering and analyzing of claim data, the evaluation of facts as presented to determine legal responsibility and accountability for settlement and recovery in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Investigate, document, manage, direct and resolve liability, property, cargo, brokerage and subrogation claims including alleged vehicle defects.
- Gather and analyze claim data, evaluate facts as presented to determine legal responsibility and accountability for settlement and recovery in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Resolution of coverage disputes
- Respond to all related requests: tender to customer's insurance carrier, requests for productions of documents.
- Provide guidance to internal and external customers and third party vendors on claims related issues.
- Utilization of best practices to evaluate if 3rd party intervention / referral is needed.
- Identification of process improvements.
- Other tasks and assignments as assigned by Manager.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in insurance claims handling preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to make fact-based decisions in a timely manner.
- Independent thinker, self-starter, ability to work and make decisions on your own.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Access, Excel, Word, AS400, Outlook, and Internet research.
- Customer service experience is a plus.
- Ability to multitask is necessary.
- Good presentation skills.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.