1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset and we're always on the lookout for leaders that will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Senior Warehouse Operations Manager, you will oversee the daily management of the operation supporting national returns processing and outbound order preparation for a multichannel distribution center. Become a part of our rapidly growing dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise warehouse associates, including motivating, coaching, training and disciplining staff
- Oversee equipment and coordinate all maintenance needs
- Manage inventory control processes; drive quality operations through the application of Lean methodologies
- Create and monitor KPIs against targets; lead the organization to meet or exceed KPIs
- Ensure picking and put-away activities in the distribution center are meeting operational needs
- Lead the operations team to support value-added service and outbound packing to meet or exceed lead time requirements
- Initiate and facilitate projects focusing on the improvement of safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL)
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.