Position: Accounting Specialist
Reporting to: Branch Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and accuracy of financial accounting records. He/she ensures the timely preparation of meaningful financial and managerial reports, which fairly and accurately reflect the financial position of assigned entities. He/she plays an integral role in the development, implementation and maintenance of the branch's financial accounting systems. Identifies and maintains sound internal controls to protect and preserve the branch's assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close.
- Identifies and implements innovative processes to enhance the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly general ledger closing process.
- Fulfills role of system administrator for the corporate general ledger application.
- Responsible for recording, monitoring and reporting general accounting activity.
- Maintains account analyses on a monthly basis that are clearly organized and easily accessible to management.
- Ensures consistent application of accrual accounting principles as related to general accounting activities.
- Prepares client prepared schedules and provides support during interim and year-end audits.
- Plays an integral role in the development, implementation and maintenance of the branch's financial accounting systems.
- Provides management with meaningful, accurate and timely financial information and reports as requested.
- Vendor maintenance
- Processing Payroll and Overtime reporting
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications (principally Excel and Access).
- Proficient knowledge of financial software applications (i.e. general ledger)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to work in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.